Welcome to Obsessed Hair Oil
We’re honored to have you as part of our Obsessed Hair community.
Our mission at Obsessed Hair Oil is to help you say goodbye to dry hair and scalp, hair loss, hair breakage, hair damage and hair thinning. The information on this site will get you on the road to gorgeous, thick, soft, shiny hair.
Plus, we often get emails asking what products my sister and I use. So, you will find many of the products we use on this “start here” page that you can refer to. You will notice in blog posts we reference this page quite often. So, I recommend that you bookmark it for your convenience and future reference. Enjoy!
STEP ONE: GET TO KNOW US
If you’re wondering about the ladies behind Obsessed Hair Oil, be sure to check out our about page to read our story and learn our philosophy on hair care. Feel free to drop us a note and introduce yourself or chat with us on Twitter. We love hearing from our readers.
STEP TWO: BE A PART OF THE OBSESSED HAIR COMMUNITY
ObsessedHairOil.com updates frequently, so we have a couple of ways to keep you up-to-date with what is happening.
- We’d like to personally invite you to subscribe to our weekly newsletter, which is full of exciting, but helpful content. We’ll also send you our e-book “Quick Start Guide To Thicker, Longer, Stronger, Healthier Hair” absolutely free. Your email address will never be shared. You can unsubscribe at any time, but I promise you will not be disappointed.
- We post articles, short videos, great hair visuals, current events, hair trends, hair tips, celebrity hair and things we love on Twitter. Our hair-obsessed community has some amazing people. You might as well join in the fun too!
- If you want to see what we’re up to day-to-day and hairstyles that are inspiring us, you’ll find it all on Instagram.
- We try to answer every email we receive, so if there’s something you want to tell or ask us, please let us know via email. We will answer your questions to the best of our ability – just be patient as there’s only two of us.
STEP THREE: GET YOUR HAIR PROBLEMS SOLVED RIGHT NOW
We know you are busy, so we wanted to roll out the red carpet for you. If it’s your first time here, we know information overload can be overwhelming, so we’ve created this page with some of our very best recommendations, to get you started.
There are over 200 articles on Obsessed Hair Oil, so you have a lot of reading ahead! Not sure where to start? No worries, everything you need is right here. Below are some categories to get you going on what interests you the most:
Follow the steps that speak to where you are now in your hair journey. It doesn’t matter whether you wear your hair straight, curly or if you have natural, relaxed or transitioning hair.
Check out our popular posts that solve your most pressing hair issues. Our focus is to teach you how to take care of your hair, so that you can say goodbye forever to 12 OF THE BIGGEST HAIR PROBLEMS that drive women like you and me crazy!
Now for the easy part…
All you need to do is click on the problem you want to get rid of and follow the advice on the page. See, we told you it was easy.
Find your problem(s):
- Dry Brittle Hair
- Dry Scalp
- Hair Won’t Grow
- Dull Lifeless Hair
- Damaged Hair
- Split Ends
- Hair Loss
- Frizzy Hair
- Flaky or Dandruff Scalp
- Fried Strands
- Heat Damage
- Color Damage
STEP FOUR: BEST AND FAVORITE HAIR CARE PRODUCTS
Use A Deep Organic Hair Moisturizer Weekly (Pre-Shampoo)
It is vital to replenish parched hair each week with nourishing oils that will deliver moisture and shine to your hair’s cuticle. The last thing you want is damage, so protect your vulnerable hair strands from stretching and snapping especially when it is time to wash your hair. Learn more about a great hair moisturizing oil here.
Shower Your Hair With A Nourishing Shampoo
It is vital to use a shampoo that is rich in nutrients and are free from parabens, sulfates and sodium chloride. The main thing, your shampoo should brighten, repair and hydrate your hair, so that it is healthy and beautiful. Learn how to keep your hair moisturized with nutrient rich moisturizing shampoos.
- Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
- Macadamia Oil Rejuvenating Shampoo
- Paul Brown Hawaii Hydrating Volumizing Protein-Rich Shampoo
- R. Liggett’s Old Fashioned Shampoo Bar
You Can Have Beautiful Hair With A Good Conditioner
Ever wondered what your hair goes through in day? It faces heat, pollution and sweat. We put our hair through the ringer with hair styling tools and coloring that strips our strands of much needed nutrients. Then we wonder why our hair looks dry, limp and lifeless. However, our superhero “conditioner” steps in to give back our hair those lost nutrients.
- Keracare Humecto Creme Conditioner
- Silk18 Natural Hair Conditioner
- Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Lavender Mint Conditioner
- L’Oréal Paris Hair Expert Total Repair Extreme Renewing Conditioner
Bring Your Hair Back To Life With A Deep Conditioner
Hair cuticles, which are the outermost layer of your hair, are made of protein cells also known as keratin. They create a barrier around the cortex or root of your hair. The bad news, when extreme heat, excessive coloring, and/or UV rays harm hair cuticles, your roots lack a shield. Bring your hair back to life with a deep conditioner.
- It’s a 10 Haircare Miracle Deep Conditioner Plus Keratin
- Alikay Naturals Honey and Sage Deep Conditioner
- Hask Argan Oil From Morocco Repairing Deep Conditioner
Want Healthy Vibrant Hair, Use A Hair Mask
When your scalp is dry, the roots of your hair cannot get any nutrients, which are needed for healthy, strong hair. Hair masks are designed to give you an intense amount of nourishment to your hair. In fact, it is applied to your hair for a few minutes to ensure full absorption.
- Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream
- Argan Oil for Hair Treatment By Arvazallia Leave in Treatment
Is Your Hair Limp Or Weak? Get Some Protein!
A huge secret to healthy hair – always, always use a microfiber towel on your hair to keep from damaging your hair strands. My favorite brand has fibers that are finer than silk and woven tightly together to remove moisture quickly, requires less blow-drying, which means less damage to your hair, it’s super absorbent and dries hair fast, gently and without friction.
No matter how many hair products you use, you cannot achieve beautiful hair or faster hair growth without nourishing your hair from within. If you eat healthy, you will be fine. However, if you know you are not getting all of the vitamins and minerals that your body needs, take a hair vitamin for hair growth and health.
Note: When I first started taking these vitamins, my face broke out. After about two weeks, my skin was clear and I never had any other issues. My hair grew fast. My favorite! If you only plan to take them for a month, don’t waste your money. You need the three-month supply to start seeing real hair growth.
Biotin aka B-complex vitamin metabolizes fatty acids and amino acids. Since hair strands consist of protein called keratin, the metabolization of amino acids – the compounds that make protein, is essential for growing beautiful, healthy hair.
Biotin helps nourish hair follicles.
Do You Have Curly Or Wavy Hair, Check These Out
- Carol’s Daughter Pracaxi Nectar Curl Twisting Custard
- EDEN BodyWorks Coconut Shea Curl Defining Crème
- SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Milk
- SheaMoisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Shine Shampoo and Conditioner
Do You Have Type 4 Hair? Try These Products As Well
- Kinky-Curly Curl Custard Gel
- Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
- ORS Curl Defining Creme
- Kinky Curly Knot Today
Mason Pearson Heirloom Hair Brush – I have had mine over 20 years.
Developed and patented more than 100 years ago, the Mason Pearson Hair Brush is the ultimate grooming tool. Only the finest, premium-grade boar bristle, which is gentle to the hair and scalp, is used.
Brushing with a Mason Pearson Hair Brush is the best way to distribute the natural oils while exfoliating the scalp and stimulating circulation to your hair follicles. The patented pneumatic cushion conforms to the contours of the scalp, which optimizes brushing with minimal effort.
All Mason Pearson Hair Brushes are hand made in England and carry a one year limited warranty against manufacturing defects. The animals are not harmed in the collection of the boar bristle. (Nylon cleaning brush is included.) It’s expensive, but it will last for decades. Mine has!
Additional Hair Needs
- Creme of Nature Argan Oil Perfect Edges Extra Hold
- Curls Passion Fruit Control Paste
- L’Oréal Paris Superior Preference Hair Color – scroll for more options
- HSI PROFESSIONAL Argan Oil Heat Protector
- Satin Bonnet-Premium
- Mason Pearson Detangling Comb
- Mason Pearson Styling Comb
- HSI Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron Hair Straightener
- Laila Ali Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer
- O’bella 5-in-1 Curling Iron Set
- Conair 1875 Watt Pro Hair Dryer with Ionic Conditioning
- Home Salon Styling Cabinet Shampoo Station
Hair Loss and Alopecia Products
- PURA D’OR Advanced Therapy System Shampoo & Conditioner
- PURA D’OR Smoothing Therapy Anti-Frizz System Shampoo, Conditioner & Styling Cream
- PURA D’OR Hair Thinning Therapy Intense Moisturizing Masque
STEP FIVE: MY BEST ADVICE IS TO MOISTURIZE YOUR HAIR INSIDE & OUT
Sometimes we do more harm than good to our hair with all of the blow drying, flat ironing, hair dyeing, gels and hair sprays. Sometimes we are more conscious about taking care of our skin, but forget about our hair health.
Unfortunately, the side effects of not paying enough attention to our hair is that it leads to thin, weak hair that has breakage and split ends. So, what’s a lady to do?
You should consider a good old-fashioned, hair oil blend. I’m talking about hair oil that mimics the natural oil sebum that is produced in your scalp. You know, the type of natural pure essential oils that nourishes and moisturizes your hair and follicles while maximizing the rate at which your hair grows.
Want to find out the best way to hydrate your hair from the inside out, so you can get on the road to healthy, beautiful hair? Click to here!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the resources and links are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. I recommend the products on this resources page because they are helpful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something.