Have you been wondering if lace front wigs for you? Do you want to know exactly what they are? Are there any advantages to wearing them? Well, to find out the answers to these questions you will have to keep reading.
Long, healthy hair have long been valued as a symbol of good health and radiant beauty. Women, in particular, have taken great pains to ensure that their crowning glory remains full and luscious.
However, not all hair is the same.
Some people are born with frizzy unpredictable curls while quite a handful struggle with very fine strands. Fortunately, wigs were invented as a solution for those who want to enhance their overall look.
What are Lace Front Wigs?
Lace front wigs are a particular type of wig that has been gaining popularity. They take their name from the sheet of lace that is attached by hand to the base of the hairpiece. This makes it easier to slide the wig over onto the scalp and hold it in place.
Compared to full-fledged lace wigs, lace front wigs are not made entirely of the fragile fabric. The lace fabric is only attached to the front of the wig. This means the wearer can choose where to part her hair. You can choose how high or low the hairline should be while still maintaining a natural look.
Warning, be wary of tying up your hair into a ponytail. The artificial base becomes obvious if the hair is pulled back.
How Do You Wear Lace Front Wigs?
Many of the lace wigs available are pre-trimmed or pre-cut, so they can be worn quite easily. To wear a lace front wig, it would be best to pull your hair back underneath a nylon wig cap. This prevents any of your natural hair from peeking through and disturbing the hairline created by the wig.
Install A Lace Front Wig – Video by Ivy Dear
Prior to putting on the wig, you should also check the color of the lace. The closer it is to your skin tone, the better it will blend with your scalp. If the lace is lighter than you’d like, you can either dab a bit of makeup onto it or stain it with a tea bag until you get the desired shade.
Related Article: Synthetic Lace Front Wig
A few strips of tape and a dab of adhesive should then be applied to your designated hairline area. The glue should be allowed to dry for a few minutes until it feels tacky. Next, the lace portion of the wig is carefully applied onto it. This secures the wig onto your head.
Some ready-to-wear wigs, however, don’t require the application of tape and glue as the lace portions may have an adhesive coating.
Some lace front wigs come with wisps of baby hair, which are fine strands of artificial hair that can be applied around the hairline to make it look even more natural. Applying them correctly takes practice, but most lace wigs look natural enough.
Below are a few that you can check out by clicking on the image:
What are the Advantages that Come with Lace Front Wigs?
Lace front wigs come with a lot of advantages. One is that they are highly durable. The best wigs by far are made with Swiss or French lace, which are among the sturdiest in the world. So long as you take proper care of your wig, it can last for up to a year.
Another benefit presented by these wigs is that they are very natural looking. Lace wigs are considered to be among the best, and for good reason. The delicate lace is sheer enough to blend alongside the skin on your head.
In addition, the wigs are painstakingly crafted so that they resemble the natural growth of your hairline. If you wear a lace front wig, you can rest assured that no one but you and your hairstylist will be aware.
While you still shouldn’t wear a ponytail while having a lace front wig on, it still is highly versatile. Because the hairline looks so natural, you can experiment with a great deal of looks such as an updo and curls without having to add bangs.
Lastly, lace wigs are more accessible than ever.
In the past, they used to be primarily utilized on film and television sets and were thus very expensive. These days, however, the rise in the supply has allowed many retailers to sell them at much more affordable prices. You can now get your own lace front wig at a reasonable price online or at a reliable beauty supply store.
How Do You Take Care of Lace Front Wigs?
Since lace front wigs are very much a beauty investment, you need to take good care of them to maximize your returns (i.e., to make them last longer). Proper care of these wigs often involve the following:
- Use sharp scissors to trim the lace on your wigs, if needed. Pinking shears are highly recommended for this task as they can snip off the excess lace cleanly without running the risk of unraveling the rest of it.
- If you are unsure about how or where to cut the excess lace, you can have the wig trimmed by a specialist.
- Always clean your hair and scalp before attaching the wig. This removes any excess dirt from their surfaces, so that they don’t cling to the lace front and thus damage it over the long run.
- It would be a good idea to rub your hairline with a bit of medical grade alcohol, so that the adhesives will attach more easily. You can always apply a skin protector afterwards to protect the area from irritation.
- Exercise care and caution when removing the wig. You can begin by lifting up the hair into a high ponytail and then spraying the hairline with a bit of release solution to loosen up the adhesive. You can soak the wig in some warm water to further melt any glue that may have been applied, so that it’s easier to remove.
- Always clean the wig before putting it into storage. Once you have combed out all of the dirt and residue, you can wash the strands in lukewarm water and mild baby shampoo. Pat dry with a towel until the wig is no longer dripping and then leave it to air dry.