If searching for advice related to healthy hair tips has not gone too well for you so far, then keep reading. You want to look your best and you know that a good head of hair is an important part of this. Use the advice provided in this article to give yourself that great hair that you desire.
11 Healthy Hair Tips
- Maintaining a healthy body will give you healthy hair. Your hair should be taken care of from the inside out by consuming a nutritious and healthy diet, along with drinking lots of water. A proper diet requires the right amount of fruits and veggies and whole grains. Eat well and your hair will thank you for your efforts. This is one of the easiest healthy hair tips.
- Do not style your hair with heated appliances every day. Overusing your curling iron, flat iron, blow dryer, curler or other products can cause fried, frizzy hair. Allow your hair to air-dry as often as possible, and give your hair a break from heated styling tools. If you must use these tools, apply a heat-protective spray or balm to your hair prior to use.
- Choose shampoo, conditioner based on your hair type and needs. Colored hair benefits from UV protection and extra moisturizers. Oily hair requires a lightweight, no-buildup conditioner. If you are unsure of your hair type, ask your cosmetologist for advice on choosing the best products for caring for your locks.
- After shampooing your hair you should always rinse it out the best you can. Even if you think all of the shampoo is out of your hair you should rinse it out again. Shampoo residue can cause build up and dry out your hair and scalp, which can cause dandruff. If you want a detailed guide on different home remedies for stopping dandruff in its tracks, click here. This is another one of my favorite healthy hair tips because it doesn’t require much work on my part. Our days already busy, so a few extra seconds of rinsing my hair is not too much to ask!
- If you have oily hair, do not wash it everyday. Washing your hair two or three times a week is fine if it tends to get oily. Make sure you wash your hair thoroughly and rinse all the shampoo or conditioner out of your hair. More healthy hair tips along this line – see tips 7 and read 4 again!
- Other than natural oils, you should avoid putting styling products directly on your scalp. Not only will this irritate your skin, but you can potentially clog pores and create pimples. This also contributes to flakes and dandruff as the product dries and falls off of your head throughout the day.
- Do not get set on a single brand of shampoo and conditioner. By changing up the hair products you use every now and then, you may see your hair reacting positively. You may find that buildup that has been left behind by one brand can easily be removed by another, and your scalp will benefit from this.
- Other healthy hair tips include natural animal hair brushes are the best choice when it comes to brushes for your hair. The bristles are softer and will flex more. The flexible brushes will cause less damage than using a brush that has stiff, plastic bristles on it. Be sure to choose one that also has smooth tips on it.
- To protect your hair from sun damage, it may be wise to wear a hat or other head covering if you know you are going to be in the sun for an extended period of time. The sun causes your hair to dry out and damage, which is why it is crucial that you protect it. Out of all the healthy hair tips, this one is used by women worldwide no matter the race because it just works.
- Though it is tempting to brush or comb your hair while it is still wet, you will have healthier hair with less breakage if you wait until it is fully dry.
- If you color your hair, try to minimize doing it to around once every two months. Hair dying can dry out and damage your hair. Chemicals are harsh. If you limit it to every two months, your hair will have time to recover from the damage that you had done previously.
Related Article: Trichology The Science Of Scalp Hair
To summarize, your quest for healthy hair tips on the best ways to take care of your hair has not proven to be all that fruitful to this point. Try all of the great advice given in this article and most likely you will be well on your way to a gorgeous and healthy head of hair.