Wondering what all the rage is for a diy coconut oil hair mask? Well, it is continues to gain in popularity because it has so many benefits. From skin to hair, coconut oil and beauty products go hand in hand.
Damaged hair, dandruff, dry hair and split ends can be a nightmare. Even after using overly expensive shampoos and conditioners, these hair problems can’t be eliminated permanently. As a matter of fact, after a few days of dandruff free shiny hair, the nightmare returns. Hence, you’re back to square one. Now what?
Nature has a cure for everything and science has proved this through centuries of research and studies. So, the cure for your dry and damaged hair is not out of Mother Nature’s scope. That makes you wonder wonder what is the cure? Or, how to make a diy coconut oil hair mask? No worries. We will get to that in just a moment.
Coconut Oil Hair Mask Benefits
As mentioned, coconut oil is mother nature’s miraculous gift for your hair. Coconut oil is renowned for its ability to penetrate into your hair shaft reaching roots and repairing hair damage. It also serves as a protector against horrible weather conditions, hair products and heat that may cause dry brittle hair.
Coconut oil is a natural deep conditioner that. It not only coats your hair, but also penetrates deep into your hair, protecting hair roots from within. Don’t get me wrong, other oils are also beneficial for hair as they provide a moisturized environment, which is beneficial for hair growth.
But what makes coconut hair oil stand out is the fact that it provides deep nourishment and thicker fuller hair. Coconut hair oil is anti-inflammatory and is rich in natural fatty acids, which are a key to healthy hair.
Another thing, coconut oil mask for bleached hair will keep your hair on your head. However, if you bleached your hair and you now have fried strands, split, frayed ends, limpness, brittle texture, and a flatness that fails to reflect light coconut can become your new best friend.
Coconut Oil Hair Mask For Hair Growth
DIY coconut oil hair mask is a treat for your hair. This home remedies for hair growth miracle mask is so simple, yet extremely effective. Apply this mask once or twice a week and see the difference for yourself. Your hair will be:
- Dandruff Free
Seriously, people were able to get rid of extreme ‘dandruffy hair’ by the use of this simple mask. And, I am talking about severe dandruff cases, which people couldn’t shake off even with super expensive dandruff products.
The clinical condition called seborrheic dermatitis, or seborrhea, specifically seborrhea known to most of us as dandruff happens on the scalp. It’s a very common condition in kids and adults alike, regardless of age or race. Dandruff causes flaky, white, or yellowish skin to form on the scalp and other oily parts of the body.
Now, lets review how to do hair mask with coconut oil? It is time to get our hands dirty and learn to prepare and apply a coconut hair mask. Quick note – don’t forget your diy best leave in conditioner after after applying your hair mask.
DIY Coconut Oil Hair Mask Recipe
There is no secret recipe or magical ingredient. A good coconut oil hair mask recipe could be composed of only coconut hair oil. A diy hair growth mask with coconut oil will make your hair feel soft and it can become addicting. However, there is such a thing as too much of a good thing!
If your hair is dry, stiff, brittle, and/or coarse, then it is better to not use as often. With repeated use, coconut oil may cause protein build up. This is not a good thing because it will only make your hair more stiff, hard and less elastic. However, a homemade coconut oil hair mask used infrequently gives your hair its strength and structure. In addition, essential oils can be mixed with coconut hair oil if you desire.
So to sum up the recipe for coconut oil for natural hair:
- Coconut oil (2-4 tablespoons)
- Essential oils (4-5 drops)
Preparing The Magical DIY Coconut Oil Hair Mask
Like the recipe, there is no special method to prepare the mask. It is a just a quick and easy process consisting of Viva Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and the following the steps:
- In a bowl pour 2-4 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Mix a few drops of essential oils, this is optional.
- Your magical diy coconut hair oil mask is ready.
Application Of The DIY Coconut Oil Hair Mask
Did you know that a coconut hair oil mask can be applied to dry as well as wet hair? It’s true! What do you need to do? Keep reading…
- Apply the mask on your hair with the help of a brush or your fingers.
- Massage the mask in your hair for 10-15 minutes.
- Leave the mask for at least an hour or two. You can also apply the mask at night and wash it out in the morning. Be sure to use an old towel to protect your pillows and bed sheets as the excess oil could mess them up.
- Wash out the mask.
Yes, it is that simple. Coconut oil treatment for hair is a lifesaver.
Washing Out Coconut Oil Hair Mask DIY
Getting the mask out of your hair depends on your hair type and texture. Some of you will be able to wash it out on the first wash. For other ladies like me, it may take several washes before it is completely out of your hair.
A coconut mask is nothing but oil, but it can be washed out with the help of a good shampoo and conditioner. If you want an alternative method, check out the tip below.
- Take an egg and mix it with two to three tablespoons of water.
- Apply it on your hair and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
coconut oil hair mask before and after
My cousin loves coconut oil. She says the mask on her hair looks shinier and has more body, but it didn’t completely tame her frizzy hair. Also, she puts a little oil on her ends to tame them in the morning. Overall, she was happy with the results of using the mask.
What she liked the most was that it is cheap and is an easy deep conditioning treatment.
Coconut Oil Hair Mask Reviews
- Sweet baby Jesus, i love coconut oil. it can be used for so many things! But this review is strictly on hair. I warm up a bit of the oil, and i put it all over my hair when its dry. I wrap my hair and i sleep in it. In the morning when i take my shower i use my son’s baby shampoo (wash rinse and repeat) and follow up with my regular conditioner on the ends only. On days i don’t use it as a overnight mask i use just a tiny tiny bit as a leave-in on my ends. My hair is so amazingly soft, shiny and healthy! Def a new staple in my hair regime! ~ D. Gast
- Forget all the hype. STICK with this coconut oil miracle. It’s cheap, it’s multi-useful, it’s awesome smelling, like the beach days of old! ~ Elle
- I use this as my everyday conditioner because my hair is extremely dry. This is the best product out there…love it. ~ Queen
A DIY coconut oil hair mask is a wonderful treatment with damaged or dry hair. Even if you don’t have problems, this mask will help you to keep your hair healthy. Apply the mask once or twice a month to achieve your hair goals. Happy Masking!
Want Something Else To Make Your Hair Healthy?
Obsessed Hair Oil not only smells delicious, but it hydrates your hair deeply, leaving it shiny and beautiful for days. It has pure, natural and organic ingredients. Works wonders on your roots and ends. If you are serious about your hair being healthier, shinier and silkier, learn more now.