Adding sweet almond oil to your daily beauty routine can have numerous benefits for your skin, nails and hair.
Almond oil is one of the most nutritious oils for better growth of your hair. This is why a large number of women across the globe use this oil to treat their hair. In fact, it can be the difference between dull and damaged hair and shiny, strong locks of hair.
Using it on a regular basis will give you the desired outcome. Here are some of the most important benefits of almond oil for your hair.
- It contains so many essential vitamins and fats that are vital for better hair growth.
- It contains polyunsaturated as well as mono fatty acids along with important vitamins such as D, E, A, B6, B2 and B1. These are very helpful nutrients to grow strong and long strands of hair.
- The vitamin E in the oil is extremely important to condition your hair. This is why there are so many hair care products that use almond oil as one of their main ingredients.
- The nourishing and smoothing benefits it offers the hair cuticles allows people to grow their hair strong and long.
- It will definitely make your hair shinier, relieve dandruff, improve blood circulation in the scalp and reduce the amount of hair that falls on a daily basis.
Almond Oil Originates From The Rosacea family
They originated in the Middle East and have been used worldwide in most culinary and healing applications. There are two varieties of almonds that are commercially grown today.
- Sweet almonds a.k.a. Prunus amygdalus dulcis
- Bitter almonds a.k.a. Amygdalus communis
It is widely used in many cosmetic products. This is because the immense benefits it offers the hair, skin and nails of a person.
How To Use Almond Oil On Your Hair (different scenarios)
- Massage a little almond oil onto your scalp for at least 15-20 minutes daily for added moisture.
- Every week apply the oil to your hair and scalp for at least 45-minutes before washing it off with an appropriate shampoo and conditioner. Or else, you can leave it on your scalp overnight and wash it out the next morning.
- Almond oil can be used for hair growth. For this purpose, pour 3 tablespoons of almond oil into a bowl. Put a hibiscus flower and three teaspoons of castor oil into this mixture. Warm the mixture well and apply it onto your scalp. Massage your scalp for 10-minutes with the almond oil. Wrap your head for an hour and let the oil seep into the hair follicles. Then, wash it away with an appropriate shampoo.
Related Article: Wild Growth Hair Oil
Repeat this process and your hair will start to grow over time. This is how powerful almond oil is for your hair. In addition, almond oil will also help your hair become more lustrous.
Suffering from split ends? Take a few drops of the oil into your palm and rub the liquid until it is warm then massage on your hair. I have used it on a daily basis to stop my hair from splitting further.
Almond oil can also help make your hair silky and soft, but how? For this purpose, you need to make a thick paste with herbal henna powder and water. Let this mixture sit overnight. The next morning add an egg and three tablespoons of almond oil into the mixture. Let it sit for at least 10-minutes before applying it on your hair. Wash your hair after about an one hour. This treatment will make your hair look silky and smooth.
There are so many other important benefits of almond oil for your hair.
The healthy nutrients in almond oil will help protect your hair from damaging UV rays and add shine and luster to the hair. The oil acts as a natural sealant to hold moisture in your hair.
When mixed with gooseberry, the oil can nourish the scalp as well as the roots of your hair. Almond oil is quite lighter compared to many other hair oils. This makes it an excellent source for leave-in protection. It will also help to fight off dandruff effectively. The oil will prevent premature loss of hair, and promote hair growth. These are some of the most important advantages of using almond oil for your hair.
In conclusion, almond oil is one of the most beneficial oils for one’s hair. This is why there are so many people who use the product on a daily basis. It just works!